Saturday, March 12, 2011

I argue, I posit, I demonstrate, I contend ...

I am deep in the trenches of dissertation grant applications right now, which means that I really want to do anything but.  This includes tending to my neglected blog and its three readers.  Sorry, guys.

I wanted to blog about two things today, one being this: why the hell I wake up at 6:13 am every single morning.  This has happened every morning for the last two weeks, and it's starting to make me feel slightly nuts.  My alarm does not ring until 6:45 on weekdays and 7:30 on weekends, so what on earth is rousing me from much-needed sleep every morning at the exact same minute is really beyond me.  Ideas welcome.

The other subject I'm mulling over is my lifelong obsession with cities, which would make for a much more interesting and thoughtful post.  But it will have to wait until this application is done.

In the meantime, please enjoy this adorable music video about cuckoo clocks (I think?) of which I understand about every fourth word:

No comments:

Post a Comment